Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is a day of mixed emotions for me.

I am thrilled to be able to share it with Barbara and Mamaw and not have to worry about the whole "competing family time" issue. I like being able to enjoy celebrations and not feel rushed through them.

I am a little stressed. It is Sunday, so it is another work day for me. I have Sunday School to teach, worship to lead, and a sermon to give. But I get to relax a little because the evening service has been cancelled because it is a holiday!

I am sad. I miss my mom and my grandmothers. I have a great step-mother who is really more like a friend/big sister than a maternal figure to me. But that is ok. I guess that is what happens when you are 22 and already engaged when your dad re-marries!

I am excited about the future and what mother's days will mean for myself and for Jeff in years to come. I love being a mommy to our fur-babies and I love the idea of being a mommy to our children someday.

I am very happy for all the wonderful mommies and mommies - to - be all over the world. Here's to all of you! Hope you enjoy your extra-special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment