Saturday, September 4, 2010

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese, Take 2

You can read about the first attempt at this recipe here and my suspected reason that it failed. Well, I decided to give it another shot. The recipe is basically the same

2 cups pasta (about 1/2 pound)
4 cups (1 lb) cheese FROM A BAG - I used the mexican 4 cheese blend
4 cups milk - I used 1%
2 eggs
1/2 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper

Same basic instructions - mix noodles and cheese inside the lined pot. beat eggs and add milk and seasoning, then pour over noodles. Close it up and cook it on low.

Because I knew how long it took for the noodles to cook from last time, I tried to resist the temptation to to look until 3 hours, but couldn't help myself and stirred it once or twice between hours two and three.

Verdict: Much better than last time. Jeff loved it, but something still seemed a little "off" to me. I will keep working and tweaking, but in the meantime I could see myself making it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment