Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What I Learned on my Summer Vacation

I officially start CPE in less than one week and the first "official" day of fall is tomorrow. I have shifted into "back to school" mode, which is almost like an autopilot for me. I guess that's what happens when you are a student for almost 20 years! And in keeping with that spirit, I decided to reflect on the many revelations I have had this summer.

Sometimes it's nice to simply float

There can be "too much of a good thing"

I need to loosen up and dance a little more (literally)

I need to eat less red meat

Being a pickle farmer is hard work

I really do love air conditioning

I can't wait to go back to camp next year

I have the best friends in the world

It's nice to have a place to come home to

Baking is actually very rewarding

My beach towel snuggie is awesome!

I really don't love swimming that much

I would probably be happy if I didn't have to ever drive again

Cheese grits are a magical food

Even though I know it's bad for the environment, I really like sunscreen in a spray can

The more I read, the more I am able to write

I don't think I will ever get over my hatred of ironing

Having very short hair seems to work best for me

Don't read trashy books before getting your blood pressure checked

My vision is better than I thought it was (but I still want new contacts)

Life is about the journeys and adventures

It's ok, and often necessary, to say "I'm pretty darn good at that!"

Happiness is a warm puppy

I am a control freak

It's fun to learn new things

Reading is a great way to pass the time

Wrapping gifts is really rewarding

Glitter will now and forever be banned from my craft supplies

It never gets easy to say goodbye

Sunsets are amazing

I am incredibly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts:

    Sometimes it's nice to simply float - ABSOLUTELY!

    There can be "too much of a good thing" - Like cake.

    I need to loosen up and dance a little more (literally) - You need more wine in order to accomplish this. I can help with the supply of wine.

    I need to eat less red meat - red meat is overrated. Eggplant is where it's at.

    Being a pickle farmer is hard work - that's because pickles are DIRTY and WRONG.

    I really do love air conditioning - doesn't exist here, we'd die instantly the day the electricity bill arrived. Death by SHEER HORROR.

    I can't wait to go back to camp next year - Aww :)

    I have the best friends in the world - Aww x2 :)

    It's nice to have a place to come home to - I agree. Especially if that place has cats and candles.

    Baking is actually very rewarding - because you get to eat the cookies whilst they're warm!

    My beach towel snuggie is awesome! - Is this like a slanket?

    I really don't love swimming that much - I dislike swimming alone, which is probably why I now dislike swimming.

    I would probably be happy if I didn't have to ever drive again - me too. So much stress and expense!

    Cheese grits are a magical food - yes, they don't exist outside of Alabama. The rest of the world believes they're entirely fictional.

    Even though I know it's bad for the environment, I really like sunscreen in a spray can - it doesn't spray!! And it's expensive. I'll stick with the lotion.

    The more I read, the more I am able to write - What do you write?

    I don't think I will ever get over my hatred of ironing - Just another reason why you need to ditch the drier and convert to the washing line.

    Having very short hair seems to work best for me - I like it!

    Don't read trashy books before getting your blood pressure checked - Ha ha ha ha ha! That said, nothing raises mine - probably because of the heart of stone - mine's so low that nurses are frequently surprised that I'm conscious.

    My vision is better than I thought it was (but I still want new contacts) - does it not gross you out having to touch your eyeball?

    Life is about the journeys and adventures - but you'll spend an awfully long time on the road to get there.

    It's ok, and often necessary, to say "I'm pretty darn good at that!" - You're lucky, I never found anything I'm pretty darn good at.

    Happiness is a warm puppy - NO. Happiness is a purring kitten.

    I am a control freak - but we still love you :)

    It's fun to learn new things - especially Geography.

    Reading is a great way to pass the time - unless you're stuck in Dallas for 5 days, in which case it gets real old real fast.

    Wrapping gifts is really rewarding - I cannot wrap gifts. I am wrapping-challenged. Special needs in wrapping class. You can do mine.

    Glitter will now and forever be banned from my craft supplies - Glitter should forever be banned. Period.

    It never gets easy to say goodbye - don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened :)

    Sunsets are amazing - but sunrises are better.

    I am incredibly blessed! - Yep :)

    Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete