Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baked Beans

Jeff's friend Eddie has been in Afghanistan for the last year and is finally home for good! To celebrate, we had a bunch of people over for a cookout. Jeff and I got the burgers, hot dogs, and bratwurst but I let the men-folk take care of charring the mammal flesh. I made some of my salsa to go with chips, and some baked beans. Other people brought potato salad, tea, cupcakes, and all kinds of other yumminess.

So without further ado, here is my recipe for baked beans:

2 cans pork and beans
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. yellow mustard
1/4 c. ketchup
4-5 strips bacon, cut into thirds

Mix together everything but the bacon, put the bacon pieces on top, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. I ended up un-covering mine for the last 10-15 minutes to let the bacon on top crisp up a little bit, but that is strictly a matter of personal preference.

This is about as easy as it comes. Everything got mixed in the casserole dish and as soon as it came out of the oven it was ready to go!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment